Housing Choice Voucher Program- Section 8 Housing : C.A.S.I. contracts with Indiana Housing and Community Development Authority (IHCDA) to provide rental housing assistance to low-income individuals and families. Participants find housing to fit their specific needs/desires in the rental market. Eligibility is based on HUD income guidelines and assistance is provided in the form of vouchers.
- Provide decent, safe, and sanitary housing-in compliance with Housing Quality Standards-for very low income families while ensuring that family rents are fair, reasonable and affordable.
- Encourage self-sufficiency of participant families and assist in the expansion of family opportunities which address educational, social economic , recreational and other human service needs.
- Promote fair housing and the equal opportunity for very low-income families of all ethic backgrounds to experience freedom of housing choice.
- Promote a housing program which maintains quality service and integrity while providing an incentive to private property owners to rent to very low income families.
- Attain and maintain a high level of standards and professionalism in day to day management of all program components.