Now Accepting Applications for the Housing Choice Voucher Program for Harrison County Indiana and Floyd County Indiana Rural areas (Please note that we do not lease up in the City of New Albany)
Housing Choice Voucher Program- Section 8 Housing : C.A.S.I. contracts with Indiana Housing and Community Development Authority (IHCDA) to provide rental housing assistance to low-income individuals and families. Participants find housing to fit their specific needs/desires in the rental market. Eligibility is based on HUD income guidelines and assistance is provided in the form of vouchers.
- Provide decent, safe, and sanitary housing-in compliance with Housing Quality Standards-for very low income families while ensuring that family rents are fair, reasonable and affordable.
- Encourage self-sufficiency of participant families and assist in the expansion of family opportunities which address educational, social economic , recreational and other human service needs.
- Promote fair housing and the equal opportunity for very low-income families of all ethic backgrounds to experience freedom of housing choice.
- Promote a housing program which maintains quality service and integrity while providing an incentive to private property owners to rent to very low income families.
- Attain and maintain a high level of standards and professionalism in day to day management of all program components.