Early Head Start & Head Start
The Early Head Start Program offers comprehensive child development services to low income pregnant mothers and families with infants and young children, birth to age 3. The Early Head Start home-based program supports children and their families through 90 minute home visits, once a week, and group socializations experiences, twice a month.
We partner with parents to:
- To provide safe and developmentally enriching care giving which promotes the physical, cognitive, social and emotional development of infants and toddlers, and prepares them for future growth and development.
- To support parents, both mothers and fathers, in their role as primary caregivers and teachers of their children, and families in meeting personal goals and achieving self sufficiency across a wide variety of domains
- Educate families about community resources and social services.
- Build strong foundations for their families.
- Be the best teacher for their children.
- Offer experiences based on the child’s development and age.
- Transition children to appropriate placement including Head Start.