Teaching appropriate Social practices help prepare children for school readiness and social responsibility throughout their lives. Our program support families by helping them understand appropriate/inappropriate behaviors and making connection with the community for those needing extra support.
Families of children with disabilities or suspected disabilities are supported by program and other community partners in screening, referrals, and onsite services to meet the child’s needs and support their Individual Educational Plan (IEP).
- Speech/Language, Hearing, Social Development, and Developmental Screenings on all Head Start students
- Referrals for services to community partners
- Onsite disability and social development services serving four Head Start locations
- Kindergarten readiness in areas of Child Development and Social Development
- Supporting and educating families in working with their child with diagnosed disabilities, behavior, or other socially inappropriate skills.
- Inclusive classrooms